Do you want a light-weight muzzle that doesn't chafe your dog's nose? Our Double-padded basket muzzle is exactly what you're looking for!
Our Double-padded basket muzzles are made from best quality nylon and are long-wearing and comfortable for your dog to wear. Additionally, the muzzle has veg-tan leather straps and two layers of extra wide, soft leatherette (faux leather) on the nose-band for a comfortable fit.
Our Double padded muzzles are becoming very popular and is widely considered one of the best muzzles for dogs. They provide great protection for the dog's nose, ideal for pups that wear their muzzles for long periods of time. They are also suitable for use in kennels, kennel runs, and for transporting.
They also have an integrated stool protection while still allowing perfect ventilation and the ability to take treats and drink through the muzzle. This is the best all-purpose basket muzzle on the market!
- Best Quality Nylon plastic with excellent ventilation
- Extra wide, soft leatherette (faux leather) padding on the nose-band, printed with either Kenel Kosy, Something Special or the image of a racing greyhound (padding may be either black, blue or red leatherette)
- High quality veg-tan leather straps
- Light and comfortable to wear (lighter than American style greyhound muzzles!)
- Space below the mouth is enclosed for good protection against those who like to snack in the yard. No stool cup necessary!
Fits medium to large greyhounds, galgos or other similar breeds with a long snout.
Our Double Padded muzzle is popular with non-greyhound active breeds like shepherds doing herding trials! If your dog isn't a greyhound, gauge proper fit by measuring your dog as shown in the Measuring Guide. This muzzle will fit dogs in these size ranges:
- Nose Length: 9 - 11 inches
- Head Size: 9 - 12 inches
- Muzzle Diameter: up to 12 inches
If your dog has Nose Length 11 - 17 inches or a Head Size 12 - 23 inches, then this muzzle will fit with one of our extension straps. Muzzle Diameters over 12 inches should not use this muzzle as your dog must be able to open his mouth to pant and yawn.
The plastic basket may be cleaned with warm, soapy water, being careful not to soak the leatherette or leather straps. If the leather straps do get wet (because some dogs like to play in the rain, too!), let it dry and then treat with a non-toxic leather conditioner. To clean the leatherette nose padding, wipe with a soft cloth wetted in a mild soapy solution. Dry the leatherette with a dry cloth.
Here is a 2-minute video demonstrating the features of this muzzle and how to put it on and make sure it fits your dog:
Here is a fantastic 4-minute video showing how to teach your dog to tolerate having the muzzle put on: